What Is Ambient Scenting?
Ambient Scenting is the introduction of a pleasing scent with the goal of enhancing a customer’s experience.
In the long term, we are 100 times more likely to remember something we smell (35%) than what we see (5%), hear (2%), touch (1%) or taste (15%).
It is best used in hospitality sectors like hotels, front lobbies or common areas, retail and specialty stores, perfume counters, fitness facilities, retirement homes, doctor’s offices and health spas… just to name a few.
Ambient Scenting should:
- Create an atmosphere or set a mood – like aromatherapy.
- Associate or leave a positive and memorable impression with customers or residents.
- Uniquely positions your brand or service to differentiate you from the competition – like scent branding.
- Increase foot traffic leading to increased sales.
Harnessing the power of ambient scenting is achieved in 3 ways:
- Using the latest generation of scent diffusers – a computer-controlled vaporizer that creates droplets of fragrance.
- Ultra-fine droplets – 50x smaller than traditional aerosol droplets and are so small it is diffused as a dry vapour/mist. You use less solution and it leaves no residue.
- Surface coverage – being so small, more of the fragrance droplets are able to cover the target area uniformly at 100% scent strength and not just at the source.